• Help available to local residents

    Acle & District Foodbank:

    Contact the Foodbank for a food parcel on the freephone number
    0800 774 7286 for some short-term help

    Help is also available from:

    Norfolk County Council’s Assistance Scheme (NAS): 0344 800 8020

    • Provide emergency financial help
    • Supply essential household goods and furniture
    • Give support, guidance and advice

    To receive help from the NAS you must:

    • Be 16–years-old or over
    • Live in Norfolk
      • Or have been moved out of Norfolk by a government department in the past three months
      • Or plan to move to Norfolk in the next 28 days
    • Be in financial hardship or receive a means-tested benefit

    NCC will look at your income and savings. If you have adequate savings to meet your basic living needs, unfortunately your application will be refused

    And Broadland District Council’s Help Hub 01603 430431, for:

    • Benefits
    • Housing
    • Wellbeing and health
    • Money worries and debt
    • Domestic abuse

    For older and vulnerable residents, there is the Home Handyman Scheme

    Telephone 01603 430518 or email [email protected]

    for: fitting locks or key safes, checking security measures, repairs of fixtures and fittings, changing or fitting light bulbs or fire alarms, minor furniture repairs, clearing out single storey guttering, minor changes to reduce slips and falls and fitting grab rails


    If you would like to donate food or household items to the foodbank, you can drop off at the Acle Methodist Church, opposite the library, on Thursday mornings, from about 10.00 – 11.30, when they have a drop-in coffee morning. Items with a long shelf-life please…

  • Contact details for parish councillors

    The list of the current parish councillors:

    Contact list 2024


  • Healthy Start scheme

    You’ll qualify for the Healthy Start scheme if you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or you have at least one child that’s under 4.

    In addition, you must be receiving any of the following:

    • Child Tax Credit (only if your family’s annual income is £16,190 or less)
    • Income Support
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Pension Credit (which includes the child addition)
    • Universal Credit (only if your family’s take-home pay is £408 or less per month from employment)

    You will also be eligible for Healthy Start if:

    • you’re under 18 and pregnant, even if you are not claiming any benefits
    • you claim income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and are over 10 weeks pregnant
    • you, your partner or your carer get Working Tax Credit run-on only after you have reported you’re working 16 hours or less per week

    To find out if your family earns £408 or less per month from employment whilst claiming Universal Credit, look at your ‘take-home pay for this period’ on your monthly Universal Credit award notice.

    More information here

Cookies For Comments Image