Who does what?

The Parish Council
is funded by a precept which is an amount decided by the parish councillors
each year and collected for the Parish Council by Broadland District Council as
part of your Council Tax; if you look at your Council Tax bill you will see a
line for a small amount for the Parish Council.

The Parish Council
is made up of 12 parish councillors, voted in by local residents in May
2011.  The parish clerk is employed by
the Parish Council to deal with the administration, take the minutes of the
meetings, produce the accounts and budgets and be the first port of call for
local residents.

The Parish Council
looks after the Pyebush Cemetery, the play areas in Damgate Lane and at Beighton
Road, the grasscutting around the village, various benches, litter bins,
hanging baskets, allotments, bus shelters, the Fletcher Room (Acle Pre-school
at the Primary School) and most of the streetlights.  The Council is consulted on planning
applications but does not make the final decision.  The Council supports various local charities
and groups and appoints some of the trustees for Acle Recreation Centre and the
Acle Lands Trust.

The land and facilities at the Recreation Centre are run by
a management committee of trustees and you can contact the administrator on
01493 752043.

Broadland District
is the authority which decides on the planning applications, (apart
from a few low-lying properties which are in the Broads Authority area.)  It also looks after your rubbish collections,
sorts out street nameplates, deals with pest control and other aspects of
environmental health, tree preservation orders and licensing.  Broadland also runs the Tots 2 Teens holiday
play schemes.

You can contact Broadland District Council on 01603 431133
or www.broadland.gov.uk.  Your district councillor is Lana Hempsall on
01493 751562 or [email protected].

Norfolk County
mends the roads, the pavements, the streetlights on the trunk
roads and some housing estates, manages the schools and adult education, social
services, libraries, public footpaths and bridleways.

You can contact Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 or www.norfolk.gov.uk.  Your county councillor is Brian Iles on 01493
394181 or [email protected].

Should you need him, your Member of Parliament is Keith Simpson and you can contact him on
01603 865763 or [email protected].

The Parish Council
meets on the last Monday of each month (apart from when there is a bank holiday
when the meeting is moved forward) at 7.30 p.m. in the Methodist Hall.  There is always an opportunity for the public
to ask questions or raise issues at the beginning of the meeting but then, once
the meeting starts formally the public is not allowed to join in.  There is no meeting of the full Council
planned for August.

You can contact the clerk, Pauline James, on 01493 751070 or
[email protected]


Comments are closed.