Highways England, the government company charged with operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads including the A47, has announced it will hold four roadshow events in Norfolk. The details of these are:
• Monday, 14 August – King’s Lynn Market Place (outside the Dukes Head), PE30 1JS,11am – 6pm;
• Tuesday, 15 August – Attleborough Sainsbury’s, High Street, NR17 2EH, 12 – 7pm;
• Wednesday, 16 August – Great Yarmouth Tesco Extra, Pasteur Rd, Southtown, NR310DW, 12 – 7pm;
• Thursday, 17 August – Gorleston Morrisons, Black Reach, NR31 6SA, 12 – 7pm.
The £300 million of improvements to the A47 announced by Highways England comprise six schemes, with work slated to start in 2019/20 financial year. Four of the six schemes will be on sections of the road in Norfolk, these are:
• Dualling the A47 North Tuddenham to Easton;
• Dualling the A47 Blofield to North Burlingham;
• Improving the A47/A11 Thickthorn junction;
• Improving A47 Great Yarmouth junctions including reconstruction of the Vauxhall Roundabout.
Further information on these improvements is expected to be announced by Highways England in the near future.
For more information on the A47 Alliance, visit www.a47alliance.co.uk. ;